Earn your Career Development Facilitator (CDF) certificate through the National Career Development Association (NCDA).
The NCDA CDF Curriculum addresses 12 career development competencies:
Helping Skills – Be proficient in the basic career facilitating process while including productive interpersonal relationships.
Labor Market Information and Resources – Understand labor market and occupational information and trends. Be able to use current resources.
Assessment – Comprehend and use (under supervision) both formal and informal career development assessments with emphasis on relating appropriate ones to the population served.
Diverse Populations – Recognize special needs of various groups and adapt services to meet their needs.
Ethical and Legal Issues – Follow the NCDA Code of Ethics and the GCDF Code of Ethics and know current legislative regulations.
Career Development Models – Understand career development theories, models, and techniques as they apply to lifelong development, gender, age, and ethnic background.
Employability Skills – Know job search strategies and placement techniques, especially in working with specific groups.
Training Clients and Peers – Prepare and develop materials for training programs and presentations.
Program Management/Implementation – Understand career development programs and their implementation, and work as a liaison in collaborative relationships.
Promotion and Public Relations – Market and promote career development programs with staff and supervisors.
Technology – Comprehend and use career development computer applications.
Consultation – Accept suggestions for performance improvement from consultants or supervisors.
The CDF program is offered in numerous cites throughout the nation. You can also earn your CDF online.
There are wonderful CDF programs here in Wisconsin.
- Online and 2 meetings in Madison University of Wisconsin-Madison, Center for Education and Work
- Online and 2 meetings in Kenosha University of Wisconsin-Parkside, Continuing Education Department
- Online www.CDFcertificate.com
- Information about additional dates/locations/instructors for the CDF program can be found on the NCDA website.
[Are you a CDF instructor in Wisconsin? If so, please send us a note and we would be happy to add information about your NCDA CDF program to this section of the WCDA BLOG.]
WCDA is currently accepting applications for the CDF Scholarship! This $500 CDF Scholarship is offered by WCDA in memory of Roger Gantzarow.
Become a CDF!
- Save the Date and Call for Proposals - September 9, 2017
- WCDA Graduate Student Spotlight: Jenni McKay - May 24, 2017
- NCDA Recorded Webinar: Ethical Decision Making: Putting Ethics into Practice - May 11, 2017
- Photos from the STRENGTHS professional development event held on May 5, 2017 - May 5, 2017
- Previous Event: Strengths Workshop - February 23, 2017
- NCDA Recorded Webinar: Maximize Your Strengths - February 12, 2017
- WCDA Member Spotlight: April McHugh - February 6, 2017
- SAVE THE DATE: Strengths Workshop - January 19, 2017
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Sheri Eisch - January 12, 2017
- 2016 CDF Scholarship Recipient: Debbie Schmidt - December 28, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Abby Lemke - October 27, 2016
- Brief Video: Job Search Using Facebook - October 22, 2016
- Brief Video: 3 Keys to Job Search Success - October 22, 2016
- Photos from the WCDA Conference held on October 21, 2016 - October 21, 2016
- Become a CDF - October 19, 2016
- $500 CDF Scholarship - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Susan Guarneri - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Dr. Julie Hau - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Jason Brown - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: John Pritchett - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Abby Brendemuehl - October 19, 2016
- Photos from the WCDA Conference held on May 20, 2016 - May 20, 2016
- Photos from the WCDA Conference held on October 30, 2015 - October 30, 2015
- Photos from the WCDA Conference held on May 29, 2015 - May 29, 2015