Name: Abby Brendemuehl
What is your favorite part about being a career development professional? I enjoy working with adolescents on their career development as they are just beginning to discover their identities and true selves. It is fun to watch as they discover new interests and sort through limitless possibilities for their futures.
What is your specialty within the career development profession? I’m a graduate student at Mount Mary University in the School Counseling program. The majority of my professional experience is with the adolescent population. I currently work in mental healthcare.
Favorite career development resource: I think the Career Cruising website for Wisconsin students is a really valuable resource. While navigating the website, students have an opportunity to use their interests to develop ideas about potential majors, what careers are typically linked to those majors, and what local universities offer them. They can explore salaries, job requirements, and local businesses that offer positions related to their interests. I find that the website is full of valuable information.
Favorite assessment tool: I like the Myers Briggs Type Indicator. I think it is a helpful resource to help us learn about our strengths and weaknesses. I believe really knowing ourselves, our psychological preferences and how we perceive the world can lead us to making career decisions that are sustainable and fulfilling. It’s also fun to learn a bit about what makes us unique.
- Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean
- Book: Harry Potter series
- Color: Yellow
- Song: Sweet Caroline
- Food: Sushi
- TV Show: New Girl
- Game: Scattegories
Hobbies: I love to travel and make a point to visit new cities as often as possible, especially if they’re out of the country.
Favorite Quote: “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made… It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.” – Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
What type of social media do you use? I use just about all venues of social media. Professionally I use LinkedIn.
Position Title: Behavioral Specialist
Education: BA in Psychology and Journalism & Mass Communication from UW-Madison, currently attending Mount Mary University for my MS in Counseling
Training and Certifications: Nonviolent Crisis Intervention, CBRF First Aid & Choking, Adult, Child, Infant CPR, CBRF Medication Administration Training
- Call for Proposals - December 28, 2017
- LGBT Information for Career Development Professionals - November 10, 2017
- Invitation to WCDA Professional Development Event. Fall 2017. - October 1, 2017
- Save the Date and Call for Proposals - September 9, 2017
- WCDA Graduate Student Spotlight: Jenni McKay - May 24, 2017
- NCDA Recorded Webinar: Ethical Decision Making: Putting Ethics into Practice - May 11, 2017
- Photos from the STRENGTHS professional development event held on May 5, 2017 - May 5, 2017
- Previous Event: Strengths Workshop - February 23, 2017
- NCDA Recorded Webinar: Maximize Your Strengths - February 12, 2017
- WCDA Member Spotlight: April McHugh - February 6, 2017
- SAVE THE DATE: Strengths Workshop - January 19, 2017
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Sheri Eisch - January 12, 2017
- 2016 CDF Scholarship Recipient: Debbie Schmidt - December 28, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Abby Lemke - October 27, 2016
- Brief Video: Job Search Using Facebook - October 22, 2016
- Brief Video: 3 Keys to Job Search Success - October 22, 2016
- Photos from the WCDA Conference held on October 21, 2016 - October 21, 2016
- Become a CDF - October 19, 2016
- $500 CDF Scholarship - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Susan Guarneri - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Dr. Julie Hau - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Jason Brown - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: John Pritchett - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Abby Brendemuehl - October 19, 2016
- Photos from the WCDA Conference held on May 20, 2016 - May 20, 2016
- Photos from the WCDA Conference held on October 30, 2015 - October 30, 2015
- Photos from the WCDA Conference held on May 29, 2015 - May 29, 2015