April McHugh is the President of Wisconsin Career Development Association
What is your favorite part about being a career development professional? Truly being able to assist others in making positive changes in their lives. It is a honor to be a part of such a wonderful process and join people on their career and life journeys!
What is your specialty within the career development profession? Holistic career counseling
Favorite piece of technology: Clickers for presentations – I enjoy being with the audience and not tied to a computer.
Favorite career development resource: People – for informational interviews, job shadows, and volunteer & connecting opportunities. There’s no better resource!
Advice you have for fellow career development practitioners: Thank you for the important work you do!
Advice you have for students/clients: Take action on your curiosities! Get the information you need to make a good decision for yourself at this moment in time. No one can predict the future, so don’t expect yourself to do so.
Favorite assessment tool: Conversations
Favorite Color: Green
Favorite Song: Collide, by Howie Day
Favorite Food: Just about anything ethnic
Favorite Game: Charades – I love the creativity!
Hobbies: My family! When time allows, landscaping & gardening, reading, being outside.
Position Title: Career & Educational Counselor
Employer: University of Wisconsin-Madison
Education: MS, Guidance & Counseling
Tell us one skill that you can teach to others? How to find/rediscover their inner dreams.
Training and Certifications:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Master Career Counselor (MCC)
- Career Development Facilitator (CDF)
- Job & Career Transition Coach
Connect with April McHugh
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/aprilmchugh1
- Twitter @aprilmchugh1
- Save the Date and Call for Proposals - September 9, 2017
- WCDA Graduate Student Spotlight: Jenni McKay - May 24, 2017
- NCDA Recorded Webinar: Ethical Decision Making: Putting Ethics into Practice - May 11, 2017
- Photos from the STRENGTHS professional development event held on May 5, 2017 - May 5, 2017
- Previous Event: Strengths Workshop - February 23, 2017
- NCDA Recorded Webinar: Maximize Your Strengths - February 12, 2017
- WCDA Member Spotlight: April McHugh - February 6, 2017
- SAVE THE DATE: Strengths Workshop - January 19, 2017
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Sheri Eisch - January 12, 2017
- 2016 CDF Scholarship Recipient: Debbie Schmidt - December 28, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Abby Lemke - October 27, 2016
- Brief Video: Job Search Using Facebook - October 22, 2016
- Brief Video: 3 Keys to Job Search Success - October 22, 2016
- Photos from the WCDA Conference held on October 21, 2016 - October 21, 2016
- Become a CDF - October 19, 2016
- $500 CDF Scholarship - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Susan Guarneri - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Dr. Julie Hau - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Jason Brown - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: John Pritchett - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Abby Brendemuehl - October 19, 2016
- Photos from the WCDA Conference held on May 20, 2016 - May 20, 2016
- Photos from the WCDA Conference held on October 30, 2015 - October 30, 2015
- Photos from the WCDA Conference held on May 29, 2015 - May 29, 2015