Name: Sheri Eisch
What is your favorite part about being a career development professional? All of the wonderful students I get to meet and help each and every day.
What is your specialty within the career development profession? I work with students at a technical college in Wisconsin. I work with many undecided adult students with career development as well as teaching employment skills.
Favorite career development resource: Occupational Outlook Handbook is my favorite for exploration. O*NET is a close second due to the interest profiler and cross walks from veteran to civilian work.
Advice you have for fellow career development practitioners: Network with other career development practitioners, share ideas, learn new things!
Advice you have for students/clients: Get to know yourself better! Finding your passion is key to developing a rewarding career.
Favorite assessment tool: Strong Interest Inventory because it helps get the conversation started for those who feel they are truly undecided.
- Movie: The Bishops Wife (original with Cary Grant).
- Book: I enjoy mysteries.
- Color: Purple.
- Song: Rock, pop, blues and alternative music.
- Food: Chocolate.
- TV Show: Modern Family.
- Game: Candy Crush Soda.
- Hobbies: Crochet, Reading.
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. I truly enjoy keeping up with changes in technology, it never ceased to amaze me!
Position Title: Career Counselor
Employer: Gateway Technical College
Education: Bachelor’s – Psychology, Master’s – Community Counseling
Training and Certifications: Career Development Facilitator (CDF), Certified Resume Writer and Editor, Career Coach
- LGBT Information for Career Development Professionals - November 10, 2017
- Invitation to WCDA Professional Development Event. Fall 2017. - October 1, 2017
- Save the Date and Call for Proposals - September 9, 2017
- WCDA Graduate Student Spotlight: Jenni McKay - May 24, 2017
- NCDA Recorded Webinar: Ethical Decision Making: Putting Ethics into Practice - May 11, 2017
- Photos from the STRENGTHS professional development event held on May 5, 2017 - May 5, 2017
- Previous Event: Strengths Workshop - February 23, 2017
- NCDA Recorded Webinar: Maximize Your Strengths - February 12, 2017
- WCDA Member Spotlight: April McHugh - February 6, 2017
- SAVE THE DATE: Strengths Workshop - January 19, 2017
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Sheri Eisch - January 12, 2017
- 2016 CDF Scholarship Recipient: Debbie Schmidt - December 28, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Abby Lemke - October 27, 2016
- Brief Video: Job Search Using Facebook - October 22, 2016
- Brief Video: 3 Keys to Job Search Success - October 22, 2016
- Photos from the WCDA Conference held on October 21, 2016 - October 21, 2016
- Become a CDF - October 19, 2016
- $500 CDF Scholarship - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Susan Guarneri - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Dr. Julie Hau - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Jason Brown - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: John Pritchett - October 19, 2016
- WCDA Member Spotlight: Abby Brendemuehl - October 19, 2016
- Photos from the WCDA Conference held on May 20, 2016 - May 20, 2016
- Photos from the WCDA Conference held on October 30, 2015 - October 30, 2015
- Photos from the WCDA Conference held on May 29, 2015 - May 29, 2015